Posted by Donald Smith (Cornell University)
May 26, 2011
On this Cornell Commencement weekend our 87 DVM graduates will be among the 2,630 nationally to become the nation's newest Doctors of Veterinary Medicine. They enter the veterinary workforce at a time when the demands and opportunities to promote animal health and welfare, public health, and biomedical research have never been greater.
|Commencement Hooding Ceremony, Cornell Class of 2011|
· the protection of animal health and welfare
· the prevention and relief of animal suffering
· the conservation of animal resources
· the promotion of public health, and
· the advancement of medical knowledge”
|2011 is designated by U.S. Congress as World Veterinary Year|
in honor of the 250th anniversary of the veterinary profession.
Logo by Vet2011 and the AVMA